Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 18, 2011

Second CS855 Post -

URL: http://www.ted.com/talks/annmarie_thomas_squishy_circuits.html
Title:AnnMarie Thomas: Hands-on science with squishy circuits


In this video, AnnMarie Thomas discusses using the two types of play dough (salt-based and sugar-based. Kids, especially young ones, love to build things and also love to use play dough to build things. Salt-based play dough conducts electricity, but sugar-based does not, so know we have conductors and insulators that, with a battery, can be used to create circuits - safely and inexpensively!

Two points from the video that our Think Tank should study:

1) There can be very good, very innovative "low tech" solutions to
"high tech" problems!
2) Do not forgot the hands-on aspect of learning and using:

* You tell me, I may learn.
* You show me, I may learn.
* I do it, I will learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment