Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 15, 2011

3D in the Marketplace

August 15, 2011
Just a note. I have been watching the release of 3D cell phones (HTC EVO and LG Optimus) and the Nintendo 3DS Gameboy. To me, these all show that the companies are very interested in producing 3D screens, and without forcing the users to wear 3D glasses. I also saw an add for a home PC "designed for older, non-PC literate" people, and it is an all-in-one unit with a large screen and, get this, a touch screen.


To me, this is validation of my forecasts that the systems will move more and more to 3D and touchscreen technology.

Unfortunately, it does not seem that sales are following, for, just as with the 3D TV's, there are few 3D apps for the phones and Gameboy to use and, so , no killer apps that make people HAVE TO HAVE a 3D phone! Angry Birds in 3D anyone?









<-- HTC EVO

   LG Optimus -->



Nintendo 3DS

No comments:

Post a Comment